As a small non-profit organization, EDRC thrives on volunteer support. Last year alone, volunteers generously contributed over 1,500 hours to support our efforts. The diversity, expertise, commitment and personal contributions of our volunteer team have been key to our success.
Irvington High School students work on an informational board on eating disorders for the Evergreen Community College Health Fair.
Community volunteers read and judge entries for the 2016 Be-You-tiful Poetry & Essay Contest.
EDRC celebrates its volunteers during Volunteer Recognition Week.
Sonal Mecwan, a senior at Pioneer High School, has been a faithful volunteer for EDRC throughout high school.
“As a volunteer at EDRC, I love that I am able to work towards eating disorders awareness.” -Sonal
We are grateful for Sonal’s help with basic administration, organization, preparing for presentations, and more!
EDRC is always looking for additional volunteers to assist with our programs, services and activities. Opportunities are open to students and adults alike and include:
- Performing general office duties 3-5 hours a week in office (includes data entry, organization, answering phones, and general support of Executive Director).
- Helping with writing grants, reports, and maintaining stats.
- Writing press releases, blogs, and other publicity.
- Maintaining and updating EDRC website (requires familiarity with Joomla).
- Creating an online quarterly newsletter using Mail Chimp.
- Staffing the EDRC resource table at various community events/functions and/or representing EDRC at community programs.
- Facilitating a support group for people with eating disorders or for their loved ones.
- Summarizing educational presentation evaluations.
- IT support (eg. computer maintenance, troubleshooting)
- Managing Google AdWords.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
Volunteers are asked to commit to a regular 2-4 hours/week for a minimum of 1 year.