From the event flyer:
For the Parents of a Child with an Eating Disorder
An eating disorder is an illness that affects the entire family. An important part of recovery includes developing and maintaining healthy relationships with family and friends. Speaker and psychotherapist Terryann Sanders, LMFT specializes in the treatment of eating disorders and related body image and self esteem issues. This workshop is designed to support and educate parents of children (adolescents and adults) with eating disorders.
Things You Will Learn:
- Why her/him?
- Contributing factors in the development of an eating disorder.
- How eating disorders affect your relationship and what to do about it.
- Why did I say that? Healthy vs. unhealthy ways to communicate.
- What do I do? How best to support your loved one.
- The role of anxiety and perfectionism and why it matters.
- A healthy lifestyle – what does that mean?
- Treatment options and where you can go to get help.
Who should attend:
- Parents of a child or adult with an eating disorder
- Grandparents or caregivers of a child or adult with an eating disorder
To register or for more information:
Pre-registration is required due to limited space.